Skip to content
COVID-19: How to Help or Get Help
- The Council’s community Hub number – 020 8871 6555 – is the first contact point: so that people can be triaged and referred to organisations/schemes including CILS (Community Independent Living Services), Age UK and Crossroads Care, as well as other services.
- An alternative contact for older people and people with health conditions or disabilities, is CILS information navigation service, run by Richmond Aid, on 020 8831 6464 (weekdays only) or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For informal groups that have gathered in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Richmond CVS have created a brief guide – Everybody Needs a Good Neighbour.
- Richmond CVS also have a resource for recognised existing groups to help them operate safely when they recruit volunteers which you can download here. This is aimed at established groups but you might find it useful too.
- Domestic Violence – If you or anyone you know is experiencing difficulties during lockdown, you can contact ‘Restored’ based in Twickenham https://www.restoredrelationships.org/
- Children & Young People’s Mental Health – you can go to https://www.kidsmatter.org.uk/resources/ for advice and resources on helping children and young people at this unsettling time.